"Media, Urbanism & the Built Environment" will be the topic of a roundtable conversation this Wednesday as part of Chautauqua Art Lab 2010. I will be joining Michael Allen, Antonio French, Toby Weiss and Rick Bonasch to talk about on-line media and its possibilities and limitations in St. Louis.
Wondering what to expect from a media, urbanism & the built environment roundtable? Here's a little more info on the night:
– Each participant will present a 5-minute overview of their on-line project
– We will each address the following 5 questions:
- Who is your intended audience, and how well do you feel that you reach them?
- We all know that online media offers greater accessibility – but how does the format affect your content?
- What is your relationship with traditional media /journalism?
- How does your online project affect your professional position – are there conflicts of interest or a kind of symbiosis?
- What are your responsibilities running an online entity – is there a set of ethics that you follow?
– Open Q&A from the audience
What: Media, Urbanism & the Built Environment: A roundtable conversation about the opportunities and complexities of online media pertaining to urbanism, architecture, preservation and politics in St. Louis>
When: Time: 7-8pm with open discussion lasting longer
Where: Location: Open Lot, Address: 1310 S 18th Street (Lafayette Sq)
Why: because you care about the future of St. Louis!